Let’s Remain In The Spirit of Giving


It’s been over 6 years since I blogged and it’s quite nice to resume this hobby; hope to do this regularly. I have been thinking about what issue to kick-off with and finally settled on the ever refreshing act of Giving.  Yep! During the festive season of Christmas and New Year a lot of us gave out gifts and donated food, our time, goods etc., to individuals, charities and organizations. May the Lord bless and replenish all who gave out and thought of others.

After the festive seasons, however, most of us tend to get back into our daily routine that we forget to remain in the ‘spirit of giving’. Let’s not stop! We need to continue to give our time, resources, used clothes to people who do need them.  For the past 5 years, I have enjoyed de-cluttering my closet and home semi-annually so items can be donated to charities and missionaries. Usually in the New Year and just before my birthday.  It’s always returned many blessings to me.  My neighbor of 2 years has been blessing me and my family with her gardner regularly at no cost to us. The examples are endless. So every day we wake up let’s ask ourselves- ‘how can I bless someone today’.  I will want to challenge myself to do this every day and will love to have others join me at this. It could be something as simple as saying a prayer for a friend who may need it, making a phone call to check up on someone, giving an elderly person a helping hand and more. So let’s continue to give and have a 'Happy Giving Year!'


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Who Thought These Worlds Existed