Who Thought These Worlds Existed

Trip to Charanda and Jato Akura (Western Region)

A journey of a million miles begins with a step but for us it begun with the spark of a 4x4. A long but interesting drive to these two villages in the Western Region. For some reason, I was excited and anxious but oblivious to what was in a village to the West. At sunset we had to take rest at Rexmar Hotel in Kumasi and continue the journey early the next day to the West (of Ghana of course).

We (my colleagues and I) went through towns such as Techiman and Tuobodom (yeah remember the song... per capital town ne gene gene..) and almost to the North. Coming into contact with the residents was awesome. They were so welcoming and we had a fun time. We were given yams and a goat to return with. So find a picture of my colleagues and I (in our Chase Petroleum "Water Is Life" T-Shirt) to your right. After meeting the residents we went off to Kintampo falls. That place was an awesome sight, however had to climb several steps down to the falls and back up. Was so tired i could hardly breath. Had to cut my trip short however to attend to personal matters but worry not it turned out fine.

My advice:1) visit places here in Ghana and you would be amazed by what mother nature (of Ghanaian blood) has to offer. 2) Never assume your neighbor knows just say it. Tchao

Comments

So when can we go there on an unofficial trip? I hope you put up info about more trips so I can know where to go when I start my tour.
hey, you were near my hometown.the place is called sampa. tell us more about your travels.
Ama said…
Yeah Rabs it think i will do that and let y'all know. Wow i wish i could read Chinese too. May be that should be my next adventure trip to China

Popular posts from this blog

Let’s Remain In The Spirit of Giving